GRACIANO ENWEREM'S HIGHLY INSPIRING (PINNED) POST OF WEDNESDAY JANUARY 26, 2022👇
I said my first word at almost 5.
I stammered and stuttered and was very scared of speaking in public, but have you watched any of my performances? I looked nothing like me!
I stayed on my own at a very young age but was truly independent in 2014.
I studied English and Literary Studies for 11 years instead of 4 (I'm even depressed whenever I talk about this. I haven't healed, I only moved on).
I published my first book, SPOKEN WORD POETRY-101, 10 years after writing it but I've sold almost 9,000 copies.
I made my first 1 Million Naira pretty late. "How late?" Compared to my PEERS, my journey hasn't been very FRUITFUL.
I'm yet to buy myself a car or complete my own house. And yes, I'm still celibate.
I know that I'm that land left to fallow, so I wait.
I wait knowing that it's only a matter of time and like Sefi Atta said, Everything Good Will Come.
I'm working passionately while I wait.
So, if you don't see me around where we used to chat, know that I'm working.
If I don't smile anymore or I do that listlessly, know that there's this frown that accompanies work for a grown-ass man who is towing a popular path.
I might look calm up here and out there but like the duck, oh, I paddle like MAD!
My status, like my hair might change... Low, fro, plaits or dreads, but one thing that will remain forever, is this my resolve to keep doing this one thing I'm good at and be stupendously successful at it. This is my waiting game.
Dear Royalty, I ask you, are you willing to die for what you believe in? Is faith only what you've been taught in the Sunday School that you always arrive late to?
HOW GOOD IS YOUR WAITING GAME?

No comments:
Post a Comment